HR in Manufacturing
MANUFACTURERS NEED HR TEAMS THAT CAN BENEFIT AS THE BOTTOM LINE. IF THEY CANNOT DO THAT, THEY ARE NOT DOING THEIR JOBS.
1. TALENT ACQUISITION/RECRUITMENT
Without the right workers, the manufacturing industry—or any industry for that matter—cannot grow.
This is by far the most important function HR teams perform in manufacturing companies. HR must recruit talent for all areas of the operation in a cost-effective and timely manner.
2. COMPENSATION MANAGEMENT
Compensation tends to be the second largest business expense in manufacturing next to raw materials or purchased goods. Wages alone are not enough to lure in job hunters shopping around for the best salaries, bonuses, benefits and perks.
3. BENEFITS ADMINISTRATION
HR managers have the difficult job of balancing the needs of employees with rising costs. Every aspect of benefit administration—plans, funding, outsourcing, etc.—can make a significant impact on the company’s bottom line.
4. TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT
Long gone are the days of hiring people to just do a job. A manufacturing plant full of workers just “doing a job” cannot adequately compete in the global marketplace. Engaged employees care about their jobs and the companies they work for, wanting them to succeed. This attitude has a direct impact on productivity and, therefore, profitability.
5. PERFORMANCE APPRAISAL AND MANAGEMENT
HR managers at manufacturing companies can design and implement employee appraisal programs internally or use outside consultants to ensure best practices.
6. EMPLOYEE AND LABOR RELATIONS
HR’s expertise in employee and labor relations is crucial in manufacturing. In unionized companies, labor relations and negotiations commonly affect company financials and the bottom line.
7. COMPLIANCE MANAGEMENT
HR managers need to be experts in labor law and ensure that key players in the company are, at the very least, familiar with all regulations.Strict compliance management helps manufacturing companies avoid lawsuits and liabilities when disputes arise between employers and employees.
Indivi Human Resources Management (IHRM)
In spite of these challenges,IHRM can help reduce administrative costs and streamline HR tasks in the manufacturing industry. Our IHRM solutions can help companies recruit, staff, manage, and pay employees, easing HR’s administrative burden. Our software automates time-consuming HR processes and reduces non-compliance risks. It includes:
* Recruiting and applicant tracking:background checks, requirement management, history recruit, and interview resuilt
* Workflow: application,approval, customized workflows, managing actual leave off, business trip, Overtime...
* HR management: education, employee self-service skills, working history, labor contract...
* Time and attendance: web-application time tracking, working schedule, compare actual time and planning...
* Payroll and taxes: payroll processing, payroll tax filing, PIT...
We excel in providing solutions to HR matters such as:
- Fields and hourly employees
- Complex labor rules
- Limited IT or HR resources